[Mimedefang] clamav - this function will be removed on next version?

Gary Funck gary at intrepid.com
Tue Jul 3 10:59:55 EDT 2007

Clamd was updated last night via crash-hat rpm
to the 0.90.3-1 level.  Found this message in the log:

/etc/cron.daily/yum.cron:

WARNING!!!
This function will be removed on next version.
 More details on Petr at Kristof.cz

Googling ...
http://crash.fce.vutbr.cz/crash-hat/1/clamav/clamav.spec

%post server
/sbin/chkconfig --add clamd

# Change back files owner for systems with non clamav user
CLAMUSER=`grep ^User /etc/clamd.conf | cut -d ' ' -f2`
if [ -z $CLAMUSER ] ; then
   CLAMUSER="clamav"
fi
if [ $CLAMUSER != "clamav" -a `/usr/bin/id $CLAMUSER > /dev/null 2>&1 ; echo
$?` = 0 ] ; then
   echo "WARNING!!!"
   echo "This function will be removed on next version."
   echo " More details on Petr at Kristof.cz"
   chown root:$CLAMUSER %{_sysconfdir}/clamd.conf
   chown root:$CLAMUSER %{_sysconfdir}/freshclam.conf
   chown -R $CLAMUSER:$CLAMUSER %{_localstatedir}/lib/clamav/
   chown -R $CLAMUSER:$CLAMUSER %{_localstatedir}/log/clamav/
   chown -R $CLAMUSER:$CLAMUSER %{_localstatedir}/run/clamav/
fi
#

Since we're running clamav using the defang user, it is executing
the logic above.  But it Petr seems to say this feature wil be
going away?  I haven't contacted him, but am wondering if anyone
here knows why this function might be going away?