[Mimedefang] Re: Filtering idea for stock pump&dumps

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jul 3 10:27:47 EDT 2007

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> You wouldn't see the message unless you run a Microsoft Exchange Server
> and you are having troubles sending to a host that has greylisting
> implemented.

We greylist post-DATA, and that doesn't seem to have caused problems.
I suspect the case in which all RCPT commands are tempfailed is not very
well tested in SMTP client code.

True, greylisting post-DATA "wastes" bandwidth, but that's a small
price to pay to prevent angry Exchange lusers from sending us support
tickets.