[Mimedefang] MySQL Greylist implementation

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Tue Jul 3 00:41:06 EDT 2007

On 3 Jul 2007 at 10:24, Matt Smith wrote:

> I'm also open to any other MySQL Greylist implementations if they are
> more current.

I completely rolled my own (at least the code...many concepts came from
this list), and can't see any way not to use filter_intialize and
filter_cleanup to handle the database connection/shutdown.

I never see any of the "mysql server has gone away" errors unless it
really has (like the few times I reboot that server).  I still have
problems with segfaults, though, if I use server-side prepare.  They
fixed it in the last DBD::mysql release based on my bug report, but I
still see them sometimes.

If you want to see some code that works but isn't really designed for
other people (comments...what are they?), and has some rather personal
quirks (I create 25-bit hashcashes using filter_tick so that I don't
have to always create them at send time), I could make it available.

--
Jeff Rife |

http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/RhymesWithOrange/CatsAndDogs.jpg