[Mimedefang] MySQL Greylist implementation

Matt Smith Matt at coolchilli.com
Mon Jul 2 20:24:16 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I am finally getting around to implementing a greylist solution, and
like the look of John Kirklands MySQL version at
http://www.bl.org/~jpk/md-greylist/

Looking through this, I notice that there are no "filter_initialize" or
"filter_cleanup" parts - is this right?
Is the code, as it is posted above, correct and current for MimeDefang
v2.62 (2.61 as I'm running)?

I have implemented for testing, however am receiving "mysql server has
gone away" errors, and I am not sure if they are to do with the way the
code is implemented (not processed in one/same MD child), or if it is
other MySQL errors.
I have used the exact same code outside of MD called from a seperate
perl script which runs fine and injects the data into the DB, which
makes me think of the MD initialisation stuff.

I'm also open to any other MySQL Greylist implementations if they are
more current.

Thanks for any pointers...
Matt