[Mimedefang] Changing SA DNS tests feature on and off

Kees Theunissen theuniss at rijnh.nl
Mon Jul 2 19:22:42 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Oliver Schulze L. wrote:

> Hi,
> I was thinking if it is posible to sometimes run SA from MD with the DNS Test
> enabled and sometimes with them disabled?
>
> My idea is to run SA to locally generated emails without the DNS test enabled,
> and run SA with the DNS test enabled on emails that comes from the Internet.
>
> I'm facing a problem where the DNS test in SA takes between 5 and 9 seconds
> to complete. So, my users are complaining that when they sent an email, it
> takes
> too long, "even when the email is for another coworker".

Did you look at the spammassassin configuration options?

   From the Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf manpage (SpamAssassin version 3.1.8)

   NETWORK TEST OPTIONS

   trusted_networks ip.add.re.ss[/mask] ...   (default: none)
       What networks or hosts are 'trusted' in your setup.  Trusted in
       this case means that relay hosts on these networks are considered
       to not be potentially operated by spammers, open relays, or open
       proxies.  A trusted host could conceivably relay spam, but will not
       originate it, and will not forge header data. DNS blacklist checks
       will never query for hosts on these networks.

Regards,

Kees.

--
Kees Theunissen
F.O.M.-Institute for Plasma Physics Rijnhuizen, Nieuwegein, Netherlands