[Mimedefang] Filtering idea for stock pump&dumps

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Mon Jul 2 16:02:34 EDT 2007

>> This PDF spam is tough.
>
> Greylisting stops quite a bit of it.

FYI, based on what we have confirmed over the past 2 weeks, greylisting is
causing widespread FPs with Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP2.  In short,
Microsoft is interpreting 4XX errors as 5XX errors and generating NDRs.

We have logs showing this occurring.  And we completely concur with Yizhar
Hurwitz about the issues he has posted at
http://www.webservertalk.com/message1918960.html

For example: