[Mimedefang] GPLv3

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Jul 2 14:30:28 EDT 2007

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> However, making things more complicated, the mimedefang.pl was based on
> a file from MIME-Tools which means it could fall back to the license
> from MIME-Tools.

mimedefang.pl is no longer based on a file from MIME-Tools.  It was
originally inspired by it, but no longer has any resemblance to it.

> So fundamentally, I think MIMEDefang and any derivitive works (very
> likely including CanIT) might completely fall under a much broader
> license than RP probably wants.  I know that what RP does in providing
> CanIT counts as distribution.  So I think the code for CanIT might have
> to be public.

No.  MIMEDefang no longer remotely contains any MIME-Tools code.  You
can check by looking at the MIME::Tools package.

I will have to fix the COPYING vs. per-file discrepancy.  Most likely,
I will change COPYING to read "or later".