[Mimedefang] Questions about stream_by_recipient and problems it creates.

Michael Sofka sofkam at rpi.edu
Wed Jan 24 12:00:44 EST 2007

> I don't know if I can bring myself to do that, occasionally
> we have problems with false positives, so silently dropping
> mail would seriously aggravate the issue.  People around
> here depend on the bounce messages.

I'm sure we have false-positives, and misaddresses email,
etc.   But, the number of spurious bounce is so high that
real problems get lost in the noise.  We'll be switching
to "reject from 127.0.0.1" real soon (maybe this weekend).
I expect the result will be an improved ability to track
real errors.

Mike

--
Michael D. Sofka
Sr. Systems Programmer, Postmaster pro tem