[Mimedefang] Sendmail version and milter

Andrew Watkins andrew at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Wed Jan 31 08:41:12 EST 2007

Sorry slighly off topic but question, but need to check before install
sendmail patches.

Should you use the same libmilter version that comes with sendmail or
will a previous one do. The reason is Sun(Solaris 10) have just release
a sendmail patch(upgrade to 8.13.8) which does not contain a libmilter.
The milter files are in a kernel patch which seems to be for sendmail
8.13.7 (libmilter does not have any version numbers).

I do not want to upgrade and then have problems?

I will down load a version of sendmail.org to see if I can find the answer.

Thanks

Andrew