[Mimedefang] Re: On pinheaded ISP's (sort of OT)

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 31 18:15:15 EST 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 04:12:29PM -0600, Jim McCullars wrote:
> > The ONLY time we accept a message and then bounce it: the user's account
> > is over quota.  And I'm working on how to reject at the front-line if
> > the destination is over-quota.
>
>    That's a problem for us too.  I hope if you come up with something
> you'll post it here.  Thanks...

We already solved that, for our sendmail setup, about 2 years ago.
I posted most of the code that we use on this list, see:

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2005-April/026525.html

I'm actually refactoring that code as I write this, to do another
quota check late in the delivery process, to also check the quota
on the spambox, if applicable. To cut down on backscatter.

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!