[Mimedefang] Changing the administrator notification subject?

Paul Murphy Paul.Murphy at argentadiscovery.com
Wed Jan 31 10:01:45 EST 2007

Hi all,

Has anyone tried to change the subject that administrator notifications
are sent with?  When calling "action_notify_administrator()", only the
message can be specified, which is fine if you are low volume, but I
notify on viruses, possible or definite spam which scores close to the
thresholds (i.e. between 4 and 6 and between 9 and 11), and bad file
types.  All of them arrive with "MIMEDefang Notification" as the
subject.

What I'd like to be able to do is either set the subject as part of the
call (yes, I know I could write my own version of the notification
routine).  The subject is set in $NotifyAdministratorSubject globally,
so - can I just set this temporarily to the subject I want, call
action_notify_administrator, and then change it back?  Or would that
maybe suffer from a race condition with other slaves?

If I have to write my own version I will, but I wondered whether there
was a more elegant solution, or perhaps whether this could be included
as a change request?

Thanks,

Paul.

Paul Murphy