[Mimedefang] OT: Blocking Port 25

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Mon Jan 29 15:57:37 EST 2007

>> Err, How would my server deliver normal, legitimate email to your
>> servers addressed to you, etc.
>
> I suspect Ben meant:  "What's the consensus on blocking outbound
> port 25 for home users? (DSL/Cable-Modem/Dialup)"

I guess so, but if he is accepting mail on 587, I'm assuming he is then
trying to deliver it other mail servers which will use port 25 and hence
blocking that would block him from having a server unless he hubs to his
upstream provider's mail server.

But, I'm all for blocking 25 on all ISPs except for commercial-grade
accounts.  It's pretty much the defacto where I'm at anyway.

Regards,
KAM