[Mimedefang] Some spam tests not running Timeout maybe

David Reta DavidR at Narus.com
Thu Jan 25 16:35:32 EST 2007

Jan-Pieter,

Thanks, putting the includes of all the SARE rules in my
sa-mimedefang.cf did the trick.

Thanks,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com
[mailto:mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com] On Behalf Of
Jan-Pieter Cornet
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 3:34 AM
To: mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] Some spam tests not running Timeout maybe

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 06:24:53PM -0800, David Reta wrote:
> I am having an issue with some spam slipping through. When I check the

> MSG.0 file from the quarantine against a manual run of the
> ENTIRE_MESSAGE file from the quarantine there are rules that are not
> hit. I am running them manually as the same user as mimedefang so I
> don't think it could be a permission issue. Is there a timeout setting

> or something else I could be missing that could be causing this?
>
> Any help is appreciated.

"spamassassin" as a standalone binary uses another configuration file as
the spamassassin integrated into mimedefang does. That is likely your
problem... try to compare with:

spamassassin -p /etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf < ENTIRE_MESSAGE

Then possibly tweak your sa-mimedefang.cf

> Here is an example from the quarantine
>
> [defang at mx1 qdir-2007-01-23-16.27.29-001]$ more MSG.0
[...]
> Content analysis details:   (0.6 points, 5.0 required)
>
>  0.603 5 BAYES_00,HTML_MESSAGE,MIME_HTML_ONLY,NO_DNS_FOR_FROM
>
> Here is the output from when it manually
>
> [defang at mx1 qdir-2007-01-23-16.27.29-001]$  spamassassin <
> ENTIRE_MESSAGE
[...]
DBL_12_LETTER_PGIMG,HTML_MESSAGE,MIME_HTML_ONLY,SARE_FORGED_PAYPAL,
>         SARE_FORGED_PAYPAL_C,SARE_SPOOF_BADURL,SPF_HELO_PASS
autolearn=no
>         version=3.1.7

Note that you also use a different bayes database, apparently. Compare
the configs of sa-mimedefang.cf and all *.cf files under
/etc/mail/spamassassin. You could if you like put something like
"include /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf" in your sa-mimedefang.cf,
along with any other *.cf files you want to use.

(This assumes spamassassin actually uses /etc/mail/spamassassin, and
mimedefang uses /etc/mail. Substitute the appropriate paths for your
setup, if necessary)

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient.