[Mimedefang] IMAP

Vladimír Solnický vs-ml at email.cz
Thu Jan 25 09:51:47 EST 2007

Steffen Kaiser wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Ben Kamen wrote:
>
>> And the "problems" outlook has with IMAP people
>> attribute to IMAP...
>
> I don't want to defend Outlook, neither Courier, but:
> http://www.courier-mta.org/fud/
> esp. the Epilogue.
IMHO it really tries to show it only from one side (with some lie about
UoW server). Rephrasing Mark Crispin's last week answer about maildir he
does not know how to implement it with all three qualities (and he
thinks it is impossible):

1) `correctly' according to the IMAP specification as he understands it
and has meant it
2) with maildir support
3) being efficient and fast

That is his opinion. I do not know neither IMAP specification nor
maildir well enough to decide where to go. But I follow the pine
development (as I use it) enough to see a lot of bias on the URL
mentioned above.

Regards

Vladimír