[Mimedefang] Questions about stream_by_recipient and problems it creates.

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Thu Jan 25 09:18:47 EST 2007

Matthew Schumacher wrote:

> I am deliberating over the best way to handle email where two recipients
> want different spam settings and can't seem to find a solution I like.

Do they just want different score limits, or do they want different rulesets/configurations to be used?

Here's what we do, wich works if they only want different limits:

Just reject if score is over rejection only limit (currently 20).
Quarantine and reject if score is over rejection limit (currently 10).
Put in a header with spam score as stars if over 0.

This way, our users can then filter on the stars in their mailclient.
Personally I have a filter that checks if the header "X-Spam-Score" contains "*****", wich triggers for every mail with a score of 5 or higher,

> 2.  Call stream_by_recipient and re-queue the message for each recipient
> causing all messages to multiple recipients to be accepted then later
> rejected if detected as spam.

If you do use "stream_by_recipient", you only need to do it for those mails addressed to multiple recipients with different configs.

/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, FSDB & Fruktträdet
http://whatever.frukt.org/