[Mimedefang] Some spam tests not running Timeout maybe

David Reta DavidR at Narus.com
Wed Jan 24 13:59:13 EST 2007

Thanks for the help. The output of the following two commands is
matching up.

Spamassassin -p /etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf < ENTIRE_MESSAGE
Spamassassin -p /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf <
ENTIRE_MESSAGE.

The 2 files are linked, also local.cf is linked to
/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf

The bayes is the same. I fed it through bayes before I sent the second
output, sorry about that.

It seems that the SARE rules I have are not being picked up. These are
in /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001007.
None of the messages that are running through Mimedefang are hitting any
of these rules. Should I put all those files as includes in the
/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf? Something like
include
/var/lib/spamassassin/3.001007/99_sare_adult_cf_sare_sa-update_dostech_n
et.cf

Content preview:  Genuie and from the Original manufacturer are selling
by
  Trusted vendor. Don't miss this chance to buy Hight-Quality
production!
  Our online shop: http://golfmaywood.info [...]

 pts rule name              description
---- ----------------------
 1.1 EXTRA_MPART_TYPE       Header has extraneous Content-type:...type=
entry
 1.1 SPF_NEUTRAL            SPF: sender does not match SPF record
(neutral)
[SPF failed: Please see
http://spf.pobox.com/why.html?sender=berry%40artstheatreschool.com&ip=89
.35.3
9.20&receiver=mx1]
 1.3 INFO_TLD               URI: Contains an URL in the INFO top-level
domain
 4.0 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 99 to
100%
                            [score: 1.0000]
 0.5 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_16     BODY: HTML: images with 1200-1600 bytes of
words
 1.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E8_51_100 Razor2 gives engine 8 confidence level
                            above 50%
                            [cf: 100]
 2.0 RAZOR2_CHECK           Listed in Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/)
 1.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 Razor2 gives confidence level above 50%
                            [cf: 100]

  10 FH_MSGID_XXX           Message-Id = @xxx
 1.1 EXTRA_MPART_TYPE       Header has extraneous Content-type:...type=
entry
-0.0 NO_RELAYS              Informational: message was not relayed via
SMTP
 1.3 INFO_TLD               URI: Contains an URL in the INFO top-level
domain
 4.0 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 99 to
100%
                            [score: 1.0000]
 0.5 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_16     BODY: HTML: images with 1200-1600 bytes of
words
 0.8 SARE_GIF_ATTACH        FULL: Email has a inline gif
 1.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E8_51_100 Razor2 gives engine 8 confidence level
                            above 50%
                            [cf: 100]
 2.0 RAZOR2_CHECK           Listed in Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/)
 1.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 Razor2 gives confidence level above 50%
                            [cf: 100]
 3.0 URIBL_BLACK            Contains an URL listed in the URIBL
blacklist
                            [URIs: golfmaywood.info]
 0.9 MY_CID_AND_CLOSING     SARE cid and closing
 0.7 MY_CID_AND_STYLE       SARE cid and style
 1.2 MY_CID_ARIAL2_CLOSING  SARE cid arial2 closing
 1.1 MY_CID_ARIAL_STYLE     SARE cid arial2 style
 0.7 MY_CID_AND_ARIAL2      SARE CID and Arial2
 0.9 FM_NO_STYLE            FM_NO_STYLE
-0.0 NO_RECEIVED            Informational: message has no Received
headers
 1.7 SARE_GIF_STOX          Inline Gif with little HTML
 1.1 FM_MULTI_ODD2          FM_MULTI_ODD2
 0.7 FM_MULTI_ODD3          FM_MULTI_ODD3

[root at mx2 MD-Quarantine]# more /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf

rewrite_header Subject *****SPAM*****
ok_locales all
lock_method nfssafe
required_score 5.0
dns_available yes
uridnsbl_timeout 30
use_razor2 1
use_auto_whitelist 0
use_bayes 1
bayes_auto_learn 1
rbl_timeout 20

bayes_store_module      Mail::SpamAssassin::BayesStore::SQL
bayes_sql_dsn           DBI:mysql:Spam:mx1:3306
bayes_sql_username      defang
bayes_sql_password      defang
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam 10.0
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam -2.0