[Mimedefang] Questions about stream_by_recipient and problems it creates.

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jan 23 20:33:27 EST 2007

Jason Bertoch [Electronet] wrote:

> Could you set sendmail to only accept 1 recipient per message on your inbound
> mail, or would this also cause a re-queue?  My impression is that the sending
> server would resend during the same connection.

The reality is that the sending server will do whatever it feels like -- it's
not under your control. :-)

I believe most MTAs, on getting a 4xx response to a RCPT command, will
queue the mail for all the tempfailed recipients and try again on the
next queue run.  I'm pretty sure that's what Sendmail does.