[Mimedefang] regex filter unwanted words

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Tue Jan 23 08:51:55 EST 2007

John Rudd wrote on 01/22/2007 06:17:48 PM:

> As many as you can fit.  But I would be very careful about it.  Plus, I
> would make sure to use "\b" around the words, so that you're not getting

> sub-string matches.  For example:
>
> \bsex\b  will match "sex" but not match "Wesex".

I can't second this strongly enough!  I had a very *IRATE* user
complaining about not receiving email from his boss.  Turns out he had
created a rule in his mail client to block a certain four letter word and
forgot about it.  The problem started when he added his title "Programmer
Analyst" to his signature block and he stopped getting replies to his
messages.