[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.59-BETA-2 is Available

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Jan 18 17:00:39 EST 2007

Cormack, Ken wrote:

> I've been playing with the new Beta, and you are right... This new tool is
> "spiffy"!

Great!  Glad you like it!

> Can it be expanded [...]

Uh-oh...

OK.  I wrote the tool to diagnose some thorny performance issues at
a large customer installation.  Unfortunately, messing with
watch-multiple-mimdefangs isn't directly revenue-generating. :-(

So when I have time, I will add requested features.  But it may take a while...

> to include the other features currently present in
> "watch-mimedefang" (latency, activations, reaps, etc.), the "reread filters"
> button, the slider for "update interval", and so on?

Does anyone find activations and reaps useful?  I don't.  And we
already include latency.

> I especially like the "busy slaves" windows, showing where each thread is at
> in its processing of an email, and the ability to "strace" a process by
> simply clicking on it.

Yeah, I like that too. :-)