[Mimedefang] Re: compare mimedefang to mailscanner

Cormack, Ken Ken.Cormack at Roadway.com
Thu Jan 18 09:49:28 EST 2007

>>  Dropping without notifying _anyone_ is "an even worse practice".  You
>>  don't have to notify the sender, as long as you notify the recipient
>>  (and visa versa).

> Which is just another piece of annoying email in the inbox.  Why bother
> removing the spam if your just going to deliver a message held email in
> its place?

We have an Exchange "Public Folder" called "Spam", that our users are
instructed to dump anything that gets past our spam filters.  When an email
is quarantined (due to high SpamAssassin score, for example), quarantine
notices are sent to the recipients.  Guess where those end up?  Yep... The
users dump the notices into the Spam folder.  :/

Ken