[Mimedefang] compare mimedefang to mailscanner

Mike Campbell mike.campbell at oracle.com
Tue Jan 16 10:51:45 EST 2007

I have been using mimedefang for a couple of years now and just today
ran across the mailscanner program. On first glance it appears that the
2 do about the same thing. Have some of the experts here tried both of
these and have a comparison as to how they differ? Is it worth my while
to spend time trying to configure mailscanner?

For what it is worth my mail server currently processes around 500-600
messages a day on a P3 500 mhz machine with 128 meg of memory.

--

Thanks,
 Mike Campbell