[Mimedefang] Re: md_check_against_smtp_server question

Yizhar Hurwitz yizhar at mail.com
Sun Jan 14 13:18:10 EST 2007

HI.

 > When I tested I got smtp failure code 5.x.x for all "unkown user"
messages,
 > which is a good sign, but bounce messages still got generated on my
 > mimedefang_server. How do I discard these "unkown user" messages?

Maybe those messages are generated for older messages that were in your
mail queue already,
before you started using md_check_against_smtp.
If this is correct, then cleaning your mail queue and/or waiting few
days will solve the problem.

If I'm wrong, please tell us...

In addition, you can look at my implementation and reuse parts of the code:

[Mimedefang] My semi-cached version of md_check_against_smtp_server
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2006-December/031463.html

Take a look here as well:
http://www.mimedefang.org/kwiki/index.cgi?RelayCheckAddresses

And you can also consider other alternatives, such as:
http://www.mimedefang.org/kwiki/index.cgi?Exchange2Access

Yizhar Hurwitz
http://yizhar.mvps.org