[Mimedefang] Problem on attachment name

Ing. Andrea Vettori mail at andreavettori.com
Wed Jan 10 07:25:51 EST 2007

Hi,
I've a problem with mimedefang (version 2.58) with SpamAssassin 3 and
f-secure antivirus on Linux.

The problem occours only when the email comes from an Apple Mail client.

This is the relevant differences between the same message sent from
gmail and from Apple Mail.

================= gmail ===================

------=_Part_3099_14291494.1168428347557

corpo

------=_Part_3099_14291494.1168428347557

UEsDBBQAAAAIAIZ8YzVPvY/
Y5hsAAOwbAAAkAAAAaW1hZ2VzL0hPTUUgQUNDRVNPIHYwMyAzLTEx

================== mac ====================

--Apple-Mail-25--1005158849

corpo

--Apple-Mail-25--1005158849
	filename="PULSANTI E FRECCE ACCESE.zip"

UEsDBBQAAAAIAIZ8YzVPvY/
Y5hsAAOwbAAAkAAAAaW1hZ2VzL0hPTUUgQUNDRVNPIHYwMyAzLTEx

The message sent from Apple Mail does trigger a tmpfail error on the
antivirus because the antivirus find different names between the name
on content-type and the name on content-disposition. I feel this
problem can be caused by the absence of the quotes on the Apple Mail
message. On the temporary file on which the antivirus is run, the
name is trucated.

Anyone can confirm that this is the problem ? How can it be resolved ?

Thank you

--
Ing. Andrea Vettori
Consulente per l'Information Technology