[Mimedefang] stream_by_domain and greylisting in MIMEDefang

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jan 9 12:02:48 EST 2007

Matthew S. Cramer wrote:

> Is anyone else using stream_by_domain and also doing greylisting?

Yes, more-or-less.

> My issue is that during filter_end I need to know the relaying IP.[...]

> If stream_by_domain is used, during filter, filter_begin, and
> filter_end the MIMEDefang variables indicate localhost is the relay.

We solve the problem in CanIt by parsing the Received: header.  You
can also fool around with adding headers in MIMEDefang.  Check the
mimedefang-filter man page for PRESERVING RELAY INFORMATION.  If you
use the IP validation header hack, then MIMEDefang will add the header
when it streams the message, and you can pick the data up next time
the streamed message passes through.