[Mimedefang] Disclaimers

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Jan 8 12:22:04 EST 2007

Gary McLean wrote:

> Yes good pointon question1.. How would I get Mimedefang to idenetify the
> relay IP Address?

It's stored in $RelayAddr

> Being a corporate company, we have to place disclaimers on emails.

?? Roaring Penguin Software is a "corporate company" too, and we don't
use disclaimers. :-)

You might want to at least point your lawyers at the goldmark.org link.
You never know... they may reconsider (or at least reword the disclaimer
to something less than your 14-line behemoth!)

Actually, let's look at your example disclaimer:

"This message contains confidential information..."

Really?  What if it's a joke or a pizza order?

"...and is intended only for the named individual."

What if it's addressed to three people?  Or a mailing list?

"If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail."

Why not?  What'll happen if I do?

"Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this message in error and delete this e-message from your system."

I'm sorry; I cannot delete the e-message from my system.  My country's
laws require that I archive **ALL* incoming and outgoing e-mail for three
years.  Are you trying to get me to break the law??