[Mimedefang] Disclaimers

Gary McLean Gary.McLean at instinet.co.uk
Mon Jan 8 12:16:26 EST 2007

Ignore my previous email. I should of read the bolierplateoutgoing first.
Many thanks for your help

Cheers
Gary

             "David F. Skoll"
             Sent by:
             mimedefang-bounce                                          To
             s at lists.roaringpe         mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
             nguin.com                                                  cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/01/2007 16:54          Re: [Mimedefang] Disclaimers

             Please respond to
             mimedefang at lists.
             roaringpenguin.co

Gary McLean wrote:

> I have Mimedefang running with spamassassin. All inbound emails are
scanned
> by MD and SA. What I want to do is, all emails from My domain
> xxx at mydomain.co.uk, is NOT to be scanned, but just append a disclaimer.

You really don't want to do that.

1) All a spammer has to do is fake the originating address to get a free
pass past SA.  (You can close this particular hole by identifying
outbound mail based on the relay IP address rather than the sender's
domain.)

2) Disclaimers are useless.  See
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/

If, in spite of this, you still want to forge ahead with adding
disclaimers,
please see http://www.mimedefang.org/kwiki/index.cgi?BoilerplateOutgoing