[Mimedefang] DoD finally bans HTML e-mail

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Mon Jan 8 10:44:17 EST 2007

DFS wrote on 01/08/2007 10:11:53 AM:

> I think you'd be better off filtering the HTML part through lynx -dump.
> You can even do it with some fairly simple MIMEDefang code in filter:
[code snipped]

> Be aware that this will consume quite a bit of CPU power, and very
likely
> annoy the h*ll out of your users. :-)

Oh, I have no doubt of that it will p!ss off the users, and thats why no
one wants to do it.  But if the ban spreads beyond the military and to
other parts of the US governement, it might be possible to push for it
here.

Guess I would just have to place an order for more hardware.

On my original suggestion, would it be worth blocking messages where there
is either no plain text or it differs signicantly from the HTML in terms
of blocking spam?