[Mimedefang] On pinheaded ISP's (sort of OT)

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Thu Feb 1 09:41:45 EST 2007

That's not the point.  We use LDAP as well
(http://www.peregrinehw.com/downloads/ldap/INSTALL) & MD with SMTP checks
(http://www.peregrinehw.com/downloads/ldap/NOTE-EXCHANGE2003).

However, Borderware is using information from your mxtreme installation in a
centralized manner and doing so in a way that is pinheaded.

I disagree with their policies on NDRs and what now seems to be forwards as
well.  Depending on how you have your MXtreme configured, their reputation
rating is used to block incoming emails.
(http://bsn.borderware.com/lookup?ip=63.216.184.10).  What we in fact have
is one customer using their product that is going up and down like a yo-yo
and we are queuing their mail in the meantime.

Regards,
KAM