[Mimedefang] Has anybody seen word document spam?

Michael Sofka sofkam at rpi.edu
Tue Feb 27 15:57:36 EST 2007

I've been asked about work document spam, in the sense
of "why are word documents scanned for spam?"  A google
search reveals some word doc spam last fall, and I do
recall seeing the "invoice spam" mentioned in, for example:

Has anybody seen more recent Word doc spam activity?  My
inclination is to leave word document scanning in place,
since once a successful vector is discovered, it is likely
to be exploited again.  However, I prefer buidling my
cases on more than a hunch.

Thank You,

Mike

--
Michael D. Sofka
Sr. Systems Programmer, Postmaster pro tem