[Mimedefang] /etc/init.d/mimedefang

Josh Kelley joshkel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 18:04:42 EST 2007

On 2/28/07, Les Mikesell <les at futuresource.com> wrote:
> Mimedefang is actually packaged in the official extras repository for
> fedora FC6, so someone should have built an init script that follows the
> current guidelines.  I'm not running this version but it does look like
> a handy way to get all the perl dependencies installed for you
> automatically.

It looks like the Fedora Extras version simply takes the init script
provided by Mimedefang, so it doesn't look like that will shed any
light on the question.

I looked around briefly and didn't find any guidelines on how init
scripts should be written.  There's enough inconsistency (as already
mentioned) in current init scripts that I wonder if there are any
official guidelines...

Josh Kelley