[Mimedefang] [OT] Sendmail timeouts

Stephen Johnson Stephen.Johnson at arkansas.gov
Wed Feb 28 11:32:47 EST 2007

I've been trying to set some more aggressive timeouts in sendmail than
the defaults. This is to stem the tide of stale connections (most
seemingly from spam sources) that keep chew up resources on my mail
front-end. The various things I've tried have not really helped all that
much. And the sheer number of timeout values make it's difficult in
choosing what to tune.

So my plea to the collective list wisdom is what do you folks use? What
values would you recommend I try?
Stephen L Johnson                       stephen.johnson at arkansas.gov
Unix Systems Administrator              sjohnson at monsters.org
Department of Information Systems       Phone: 501-682-4339
State of Arkansas