[Mimedefang] Sendmail Macros

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Tue Feb 27 09:30:54 EST 2007

--On Tuesday, February 27, 2007 11:19 +0100 cmmml at mallia.net wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I’ve just inherited a Mimedefang/Spamassassin/Clamav setup and it is
> working fine. I’ve been asked to disable spam checks for outgoing messages
> and I thought to use the SMTP_auth to do so (as per the man page), but yet
> even after calling read_commands_file I still cannot get the value of the
> auth login used (or even defined as a variable). All I know is that some
> time ago the sendmail configuration was changed to use the greet delay
> (and other initial delays) to slow down the surge of spam happening at the
> time. I am lost on this. Any assistance would be appreciated.

SMTP-auth'd mail can be identified by $SendmailMacros{"auth_type"}
being defined.  You don't need to see what the value is.

You might assign to a variable in Mimedefang like this:

    undef($good);
    if (defined($SendmailMacros{"auth_type"})) {
        $good = 1;
    }
    if ($RelayAddr eq '127.0.0.1') {
        $good = 1;
    }

Undef, so the value is not carried over from the previous message.
Call smtp-auth'd mail $good.
Call mail from localhost $good.
Maybe call mail from certain other hosts $good.

Then below this you can test for $good before applying a filter routine
like Spamassassin.

Joseph Brennan
Lead Email Systems Engineer