[Mimedefang] Socket paths

Josh Kelley joshkel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 17:40:10 EST 2007

I see in the redhat/mimedefang-init.in and
redhat/mimedefang-sysconfig.in files in the source tarball that the
sockets used to be placed under /var/run by default and are now placed
under /var/spool/MIMEDefang.  I was curious to know why this change
was made?

I'm trying to figure out some SELinux issues on my mail server, and it
looks like putting the sockets back under /var/run may be the best way
to fix those issues.  (It also looks like /var/run is more consistent
with convention and with the LSB.)  Based on that, I was wondering if
the default socket paths should be changed back to /var/run.

Thank you.

Josh Kelley