[Mimedefang] Questions about synthesize_received_header()

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 21 17:55:43 EST 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 02:40:54PM -0500, David F. Skoll wrote:
> Philip Prindeville wrote:
>
> > I was looking at this function, and was wondering if
> > the (MimeDefang) comment was necessary... or perhaps
> > making it read "via MimeDefang" instead (as per RFC-822).
>
> I suppose... it's a small point; not sure it's worth changing.

Probably the main purpose is that it's parsable by
Mail::SpamAssassin::Message::Metadata::Received::parse_received_headers()

As such, it's not really worth changing a lot. I'm pretty certain the
current generated header is matched by that code.

A second reason might be to identify mails that are resent by
MIMEDefang itself. Since the synthesized header does contain
"(MIMEDefang)" I suppose that's taken care of.

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!