ClamAV 0.90 (was Re: [Mimedefang] Mailing List still Active)

Ingeborg Hellemo Ingeborg.Hellemo at cc.uit.no
Tue Feb 20 03:51:47 EST 2007

mimedefang at johncom.net said:
> I went over to .90 yesterday and reverted back to .88.7 as .90 killed my
> machine. With .88.7 it runs around 20% cpu usage and a load of .70 with
> clamav .90 it runs at 90% with a load of 6.0

I tried upgrading today and experienced a similar problem. Clamd was using 90%
(and more) CPU and not answering queries which made me run out of slaves etc.
etc.

OS is FreeBSD 6.2, mimedefang-2.61_1 (with the --mbox-patch).

I am not doing any fancy in clamd.conf - only default values except which user
it runs as.

Any clues?

--Ingeborg
--