[Mimedefang] Patch for 2.61 to for tick requests

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Mon Feb 19 17:21:50 EST 2007

On 19 Feb 2007 at 15:04, David F. Skoll wrote:

> Jeff Rife wrote:
>
> > Attached is a diff from 2.61 for some of the "redhat" .in files that
> > adds the ability to request filter_tick be called, either singularly or
> > in parallel.
>
> Thanks, but you really don't want your example to use "-P 60".  That
> runs 60 ticks in parallel!  I doubt that's what you want.

That's what I get for only scanning the docs.  I misread the argument
to "-P" as being the same as "-X".

Looking at the code, I see that if you pass mimedefang-multiplexor
something like "-P 5" and no "-X #", you get no ticks called at all.
Should there be some default for Settings.tick_interval if you see a
"-P #" in the arguments?

--
Jeff Rife |