[Mimedefang] OT: Slaves

John Rudd john at rudd.cc
Fri Feb 16 15:34:20 EST 2007

Les Mikesell wrote:
> David F. Skoll wrote:
>>
>>> I believe Lotus adopted (many years ago) the nomenclature
>>> 'superior/subordinate' but 'parent/child' or 'process/sub-process' would
>>> be reasonably appropriate in this context.
>>
>> I prefer accuracy over appropriateness.  parent/child and
>> process/subprocess
>> do not really describe what is going on.  superior/subordinate is
>> closer, but
>> still not precise.  Sorry, I'm not fond of political correctness...
>
> Contractor/temporary_worker.  You can offend a whole new set of people.

We could always use Ice-T's favorite way to classifying these relationships:

Pimp/Ho

(Ice-T says everyone is either a pimp or a ho, sometimes both depending
upon context and situation, and it's always important to know which one
you are)

I like the idea of KDE "IO-Whores".  Or, how about "We need to
bitch-slap the Syslog-Whore because I changed its config file".

Think that'd be less offensive?