[Mimedefang] OT: Slaves

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Fri Feb 16 12:35:52 EST 2007

This was similar to my first gut reaction but after more reflection, the
term slave when used with master is most definitely a negative term.  It is
clearly referencing actual slavery.

So removing this terminology from use is no different than removing other
negative/racist/sexist words like fireman instead of firefighter from the
lexicon.

I'll agree it doesn't have to happen today but due consideration should be
given to this process especially into the future.  I, for one, promote the
moose/squirrel relationship.  Though parent/child is perhaps more standard.
Anyone know if parent/child is a direct replacement for master/slave in a
programming context?

Regards,
KAM