[Mimedefang] On pinheaded ISP's (sort of OT)

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Thu Feb 15 21:38:12 EST 2007

David F. Skoll wrote:

>Philip Prindeville wrote:
>

>>Right.  But you'd still be able cross-check his supposed logs
>>against the contents of your own /var/log/maillog (or whatever).
>>

>But I wouldn't even bother doing that unless the alleged victim
>sent message headers as well.  Why take up my time if the complainant
>is not willing to provide evidence?
>
>--
>David.

Even then, it's not so simple.  Some accept the message forwarded as
an inline attachment.  Some poorly trained tech staff don't know how
to open the attached message and look at the headers, so they never
act on it... Others insist that the message be appended as text.

There is no single "right" answer because you're dealing with
varying requirements and possibly under-trained staff.

Ok, so...  Is there a pseudo-code example of calling
resend_message() to a spam mailbox, before doing an
action_bounce() from within filter_end()?

Oh, and maybe squashing the message into a single flat
text with no multipart boundary, etc.... Adding a new
Subject: line that says "Spam from x.x.x.x" giving the
address of $host_ip... etc.

Thanks,

-Philip