[Mimedefang] Problem solved?

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Thu Feb 15 11:01:28 EST 2007

Ok - so I found my problem with a select few ISP's hanging up somewhere in the conversation with my mail
server. Turns out I was still using a DNSBL that was timing out. (shame on me for not subscribing
to enough "admin" lists)... and it looked like some sort of tardiness between sendmail and mimedefang.
It wasn't.

Anyway - the DNS timeout was about 1min and the other MTA would have already hung up.
(typically not sendmail. I've talked to them and a couple were Qmail and one was Exim and
another was, and I quote the "tech" I talked to, "pop server" <arf??> )

So, out of curiousity, does anyone have handy some RFC reference that says when a mail server
delivering mail should be timing out waiting for a response for RCPT TO: from the remote server??
A minute seems awefully short these days.

 -Ben

--
Ben Kamen