ClamAV 0.90 (was Re: [Mimedefang] Mailing List still Active)

Trevor Dodds mimedefang at johncom.net
Thu Feb 15 08:18:36 EST 2007

I went over to .90 yesterday and reverted back to .88.7 as .90 killed my
machine.
With .88.7 it runs around 20% cpu usage and a load of .70 with clamav
.90 it runs at 90% with a load of 6.0

> I've used clamav for some time now, and I'm very hapy with
> it.Yesterday I tried to upgrade to 0.90, but after upgrading
> mimedefang starts complaining about "Problem running virus-scanner",
> so I downgraded to
> 0.88.7 again (and everthing start working again).
>
> My setup:
>
> Sendmail
> Mimedefang
> spamassassin
> clamav (I'm _not_ running clamd).
>
> Anyone any idea?

Yes, mimedefang is still using quite ancient commandline arguments to
clamscan:

clamscan --mbox --stdout --disable-summary --infected $FILE

If you remove (in the mimedefang.pl source) all options except
"--stdout", it should work.