ClamAV 0.90 (was Re: [Mimedefang] Mailing List still Active)

Tim Boyer tim at denmantire.com
Thu Feb 15 08:23:01 EST 2007

> I went ahead and started using clamd and everything appears
> to be running
> fine.
>
> Jeff

I've been using 0.90 since rc2.  I went to the official release yesterday,
and have noticed two problems.  First, clamscan fails on Word .doc files -
that's been fixed in the latest CVS. But I also saw this all over the logs
last night:

Feb 15 08:12:03 melbourne.denmantire.com mimedefang.pl[29185]: Problem
running virus scanner: code=999, category=cannot-execute, action=tempfail

I stopped and restarted clamd, and - so far - it's working again.  But I'll
be watching it closely.

--
Tim Boyer
Director IT and Engineering Projects