ClamAV 0.90 (was Re: [Mimedefang] Mailing List still Active)

Jeff Grossman jeff at stikman.com
Wed Feb 14 17:22:07 EST 2007

> Jeff Grossman wrote:
>
>> I only run the clamav program and not the clamd program.  Is it only the
>> clamd integration that you mentioned still works?  Or should the clamav
>> option also work?
>
> Clamav should also work, but I didn't test that.  Try running clamscan
> by hand...

Clamscan by itself runs fine.  I am not a programmer, but I tried digging
into the MIMEDefang code.  If I am reading it correctly, the following
options are being used on the command line of clamscan in
mimedefang.pl.in:

--mbox --stdout --disable-summary --infected

When I run those on the command line, I get the following error:

/usr/bin/clamscan: unrecognized option `--mbox'
ERROR: Unknown option passed.
ERROR: Can't parse the command line

So, it appears they removed the --mbox command line option?

Jeff