ClamAV 0.90 (was Re: [Mimedefang] Mailing List still Active)

Jeff Grossman jeff at stikman.com
Wed Feb 14 16:22:05 EST 2007

> Stefan Schoeman wrote:
>
>> I just thought I'd see a lot of mail regarding the ClamAV upgrade to
>> 0.90 and the apparent breaking of Mail::ClamAV in the process.
>
> I don't use Mail::ClamAV (just the normal MIMEDefang Clam integration)
> and Clam 0.90 seems to be running fine.  It seems to catch a lot
> more phishing spams than earlier versions.

David,
I upgraded to ClamAV 0.90 and I get the following error:

Feb 14 12:48:51 apple mimedefang.pl[14858]: Problem running virus scanner:
code=40, category=swerr, action=tempfail

I only run the clamav program and not the clamd program.  Is it only the
clamd integration that you mentioned still works?  Or should the clamav
option also work?

Thank you,
Jeff