[Mimedefang] graphdefang migration from 32-bit to 64-bit

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 11 18:04:08 EST 2007

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 01:51:27PM -0500, Rich West wrote:
> I had all of my graphdefang data compiled on a 32-bit Linux system even
> though the system was 64-bit capable.  When the OS drive decided it no
> longer wanted to spin, I rebuilt the system with a 64-bit based Linux OS
> and restored all of the necessary configs and data files for all of what
> ran on the system.  I also restored the graphdefang data.
>
> Now, when I attempted to run graphdefang on the now-64bit system, I get:
> Byte order is not compatible at ../../lib/Storable.pm (autosplit into
> ../../lib/auto/Storable/thaw.al) line 366, at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/MLDBM/Serializer/Storable.pm line 27
>
> Is there a way to 'upgrade' the data store such that it will work on the
> 64-bit system?  Possibly dumping the data (somehow) to some common
> format on a 32-bit system (I have one left) and then importing the data
> in on the 64-bit system?

I'm not entirely sure this works for 64 bit data, but the "standard"
way to overcome that "Byte order not compatible" warning is to use
"Storable::nstore" instead of just store.

You can convert a bunch of files in a directory using:

perl -MStorable=nstore,retrieve \
    -e 'for(@ARGV){nstore retrieve($_), $_}' *.st

(assuming your storable files match *.st).

Run this on the 32-bit machine, that's currently able to read the
Storable files. Then transfer the converted storable files to the
64 bit machine and there's a good chance it will work.

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!