[Mimedefang] Greylisting netmask

Gordon Henderson gordon at drogon.net
Wed Feb 7 10:02:18 EST 2007

It's intersting to read about other peoples experiences with Greylisting,
having recently gone down that road myself.

I have however had a lot of negative feedback from one site which trialled
an "out of the box" type solution - 10 miuntes was too long for them to
wait (FFS! I've seen messagelabs delay email for longer than that!) and
they got caught out by sending sites which use load-balancing outgoing
mail relays where the IP address changed regularly - notably IBM )-:
However with ideas from reading here & elsewhere I'm sure this can be
solved in time.

So thanks from an occasional poster/eternal lurker here :)

Some networks I've identified as belonging to IBM if anyone's intersted:

32.97.110.149
32.97.110.150
32.97.110.151
32.97.110.152
32.97.110.153
32.97.110.154
32.97.182.141
32.97.182.142
32.97.182.143
32.97.182.145
32.97.182.146
32.97.182.150
195.212.29.134
195.212.29.137
195.212.29.138
195.212.29.140
195.212.29.141

And looking closer it seems it's done on a regional (or office) basis, so
using a netmask of a /24 would certianly help here...

Gordon