[Mimedefang] Bounce Address Tag Validation (BATV)

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Sat Feb 3 19:50:48 EST 2007

On 2 Feb 2007 at 10:36, Cormack, Ken wrote:

> Now if I could just figure out why sendmail is logging "can't attach to
> shared memory, key=-1: Invalid argument" in reference to the new features of
> define(`confSHARED_MEMORY_KEY', `-1') and
> define(`confSHARED_MEMORY_KEY_FILE', `/var/run/sm_shmem.key')

I got this error with earlier versions of sendmail (8.12, I believe)
because the Fedora sendmail startup script ran "newaliases".  I needed
to manually add a "-OSharedMemoryKey=0" to the newaliases command.

8.13 sendmail doesn't require this workaround.  Maybe it's a regression
error in 8.14?

--
Jeff Rife |