[Mimedefang] Re: MD-Quarantine and received by headers

Yizhar Hurwitz yizhar at mail.com
Sat Feb 3 11:09:37 EST 2007

Yizhar Hurwitz wrote:

> One thing that I found, is that all the "received by" headers are
> stripped out and not stored in the quarantine directory.
> But I would like to have that information for diagnostics.
Me again - same issue, more details.

After further investigation of quarantine messages,
I now I understand that only the last "Received:" header is missing,
i.e. the topmost Received line that is added by my own server.

This is probably because sendmail adds the topmost received line only
after MD finishes working on it.

So I would still like to know if/how I can preserve this information in
the quarantine directory,
and try to do it efficiently as well by minimizing system calls from my
custom filter.

Currently I'm going to try the following in "mimedefang-filter":

action_quarantine_entire_message(
"probable_spam\nRelayAddr=$RelayAddr RelayHost=$RelayHostName
Helo=$Helo\n$report\n"
);

This will store the relay information in the file "MSG.0"

What do you think?

Is there a better way? Maybe a sendmail macro that I can use?

Thanks,
Yizhar Hurwitz
http://yizhar.mvps.org