[Mimedefang] FW: sendmail 8.14.0 available

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Fri Feb 2 09:50:06 EST 2007

> See the $rcpt_mailer, $rcpt_host, $rcpt_addr arguments to
> filter_recipient ($rcpt_addr contains the mailbox if
> $rcpt_mailer eq "local").

Wow, very cool.  I never knew this and I've usually been shelling and
running sendmail -bv for this!  But it seems to work even with the crazy
virtusertable stuff we do at least for email that is delivered to a single
account

DEBUG: recip <notarealaddress at mcgrail.com> - mailer local - host ? - addr
user12

David, is the host supposed to be ? for mailer local?  I would have thought
it would be null...

However, my question is what does it do with aliases? UPDATE: tests on my
server show the rcpt_addr = the name of the alias and is not expanded
further.  Such as:

Feb  2 09:45:32 intel1 mimedefang.pl[29094]: DEBUG: recip
<analiaswithtwomembers at mcgrail.com> - mailer local - host ? - addr
thealiasname

Compared to sendmail:

sendmail -bv aliaswiththreemembers at poac-nova.org
user12... deliverable: mailer local, user kmcgrail
user13... deliverable: mailer local, user shannon
user14 at cox.net... deliverable: mailer esmtp, host cox.net., user
someone at cox.net

Does the rcpt triple information above remain in scope and is available in
filter_end?  Or do we have to create a state file in CWD?

Regards,
KAM