[Mimedefang] Bounce Address Tag Validation (BATV)

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 1 17:18:58 EST 2007

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 07:59:21AM -0800, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Wednesday, January 31, 2007 10:54 PM +0100 Jan-Pieter Cornet
> <johnpc at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> >By the way, if you hate bounce spam, you could always deploy
> >BATV (http://mipassoc.org/batv/) locally, and reject fake
> >bounces.
>
> I didn't see an implementation for sendmail. This looks like it might be a
> good thing to integrate into MD. Has anyone attempted that?

It'll be much easier with the milter API in sendmail 8.14 (because
you can change the envelope sender using that API).

It's on my TODO list, somewhere... (but currently buried under the
iceberg, I'm afraid).

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!